NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan (NY, NY)
NYC Health + Hospitals
1901 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10029
Metropolitan providers: (929) 296-4249
Village Maternity providers: (212) 705-8785
- Tours available upon request. Contact hospital to schedule.
- 100% of rooms are private, with room for an overnight guest.
- Visitor policies are reviewed frequently to ensure the safest possible environment and to comply with COVID-19 guidelines from the New York State Department of Health. All patients are allowed one support person to remain with them during labor and delivery and throughout the postpartum stay. For the most up-to-date visitor policies, please call the H+H 32BJ call center at 929-296-4249.
Main Highlights / Resources
- High risk maternal and fetal care: Level III Perinatal Center equipped to handle high risk and more complex maternal and fetal conditions.
- Wireless fetal monitoring*
- Midwives available
- Baby-Friendly hospital **
- Free birthing classes
- Free newborn care, infant feeding and parenting classes
- Breastfeeding: free lactation consultant and breastfeeding support group after discharge
- Dedicated phone line for 32BJ expecting parents
- You can select a Village Maternity midwife***
- Nitrous oxide****
- Free gift bag with NYC Health + Hospitals diaper bag, onesie, hat, Safe Sleep bag with a blanket and educational materials, plus a baby outfit from the hospital’s Auxiliary
- NICU app available to watch baby from anywhere
* FDA-approved, Wireless technology that allows for continued mobility during labor
** A special World Health Organization designation given to maternity facilities that have successfully implemented practices that protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.
*** A concierge, midwifery practice on West 12th Street that is usually only available to private-pay clients, but has a special partnership with the 32BJ Health Fund. Village Maternity patients deliver at Metropolitan Hospital.
**** A medical drug approach to pain management during labor. It’s sometimes referred to as laughing gas and serves as an alternative to an epidural.