Prenatal Care and Services
There are many important benefits of having good prenatal care. With it, your maternity care team closely monitors your health and the baby’s health and development. Regular doctor visits and testing reduce the risk of complications. And you get the information you need to prepare for each stage of your pregnancy, including labor and delivery.
If you choose the 32BJ Maternity Program, you’ll still get the same high-quality prenatal benefits offered to all 32BJ Health Fund members and dependents.
Number of visits covered:
- Monthly visits up to 28 weeks
- Bi-weekly visits up to 36 weeks
- Weekly visits after 36 weeks until delivery
- Prenatal office visits
- 5 Star Center – $0 copay for all visits
- Elsewhere in the network – $40 copay for the first visit, $0 copay for additional visits
- Other services
- In-network labs – $0 copay. NOTE: Genetic testing must be pre-authorized.
- Ultrasounds performed in the doctor’s office – $0 copay
Prenatal vitamins help your body get the support it needs before, during, and after your pregnancy. Talk with your OBGYN about which vitamins are right for you. Then use your OptumRx prescription card to fill the prescription.
Your 32BJ Health Fund covers these prenatal vitamins for 15 months at no cost to you.
OptumRx covers many types of prenatal vitamins. Please call (844) 569-4148 to find out if your prenatal vitamins are covered.
Dental care is especially important while you’re pregnant. Pregnancy can increase your chances for cavities and gum disease.
- Your dental coverage is through Delta Dental
- If you don‘t already have a dentist in the Delta Dental network, call 800-589-4627 or go to www.deltadentalins.com/32BJ for help finding one.